Here is something that you might not know about me: I love birthdays. Now if you are S from Oki (who is going to be moving here soon!) you will know this little fact very well. And I’m really super excited that she is coming back, because she knows how much I love birthday’s and I know that she will plan me another surprise birthday and continue to feed my birthday love addiction. (guess, you had to be there…)
See, you can celebrate Christmas, and 4th of July and all those other holidays, but you celebrate with everyone. When it’s your birthday, It’s ALL YOURS! Your day! A whole day all about you! And you get presents, and no one else does! And people call you from all over, just to talk to you and see how YOUR day is going. Maybe I’m a little selfish, maybe not. But I love birthdays, especially mine!
I also look at my birthday sorta like January 1st. I take time to reflect over the past year, and then make plans for the next year. My own personal resolution day of sorts.
And here is something else I love. LISTS. I make so many lists it would blow your mind. I get up and make a list…and I have to write it down. It can’t be just a mental list. It has to be a real live list. That is why I totally adore my little red “File of Facts.” (don’t try and get me to change to something electronic and sleek, I already have and it just doesn’t work).
So I was surfing around and ran across someone’s blog who also likes lists and made a Birthday list. I loved it! So I started my own. (if you know who this is, please tell me cause I can’t find her now!) A list of 33 things to do before this year is over.
Here’s the list:
- introduce the little man to the fun of a photo booth
- spend more time in my bare feet in the grass this summer
- dance on bubble wrap
- make my photo’s in to post cards
- learn a new recipe
- stand in the middle of a tulip field
- Start a new photo project
- Go on a picnic with the boys (a real one with a blanket, and potato salad in a big basket)
- take more pictures, and by more I mean something everyday. But I don’t want to stress over it, but I want to take more.
- Live in the moment
- take a self portrait (maybe in the mirror)
- write more, especially the little things
- sketch, paint or both
- fall in love with a new artist
- have a candle light dinner with the Big Man
- Shoot off fireworks, and lots of them
- Drink more tea in the afternoon
- Get up early and run on the treadmill…stop sleeping so late
- Grow a little herb window garden
- start an inspiration board
- eat more fruit and veggies
- Go Volksmarching
- Play more board games with the little man
- Have a popsicle eating contest (thanks Synde)
- Sew a fancy apron and wear it as I cook
- buy more socks from here
- see another Broadway play
- Try Escargot (yeah, I don’t know why I want to do this either)
- Read at least 10 new books (or stop watching so much tv)
- teach a workshop
- start a basket collection
- learn to garden
- visit Egypt/Rome (gonna do this in the fall!)
So there it is. A list of goals for the year. Seems pretty big, but I’m going to print it out and hang it on my door so that I can work on it and not forget it.